Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Ring

Darkness… How long have I been here? Why am I here? What’s my purpose? Where am I going in life? Am I even alive? Is there anything other than this darkness? If so, what is it? How can I get there?
I can’t stand this any longer. I’ve been here alone for so long. I’m tired of wondering “Who, What, When, Where and Why.” I want answers, and I want them soon. Why was I placed here? I’ve been told that I’m beautiful. If I’m so beautiful, then why am I hidden from the world that I know is out there? I heard someone say that I was meant for someone special. Why is it that I have yet to meet them? Why don’t I feel special?
I think that I’m destined for something great, some grand occasion, but what? When will it happen? I want to be free from this prison; I want to meet that special person, the one that I’m meant for. Will this darkness ever end? Will there ever be a light for me?
I remember that there was a time when there was a light. There were so many of us. Many came and gone. So many of us were taken away. I saw them, the prisons… So many were shoved inside. Why? At first, they fawn over us, and then they act as if we show so much promise, but in the end, we are forced into these prisons. I wonder, what has happened to the others? Where are they now? Have they discovered the light again? Will I see the light again? Maybe. Maybe not…
I hear sounds. Lively sounds. I want to say that it sounds like music. There are voices too, many voices. They sound so happy, like they are a part of something special. Could today be the day of that special occasion? Maybe I will be freed; maybe I will at once meet that person. The one that I am meant for. Then again, maybe not… I have been here, in this prison, for so long. Why would they free me now? I am nothing but a prisoner? How could I be destined for something greater? Why, after such a long time of torment in captivity, would I be treated as something grand, something beautiful? Here I am, so close to that “grand occasion”, that special moment, but is it something that I’m meant to be a part of?
I hear a voice. What is it saying?
“Who has the ring?” Ring? What’s a ring?
“I have the ring.” Who? Who has it? Wha-What is this? A light? The darkness, it’s leaving. I see something, a beautiful creature dressed in white. It… She seems happy to see me. I’m being lifted… Another creature, I want to say a man. He is sliding me onto her… finger? Could she be the one? The one I’m meant for? Is this my destiny? Maybe I truly am special.

No comments: